Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Been Awhile

Life has been hectic lately. Moved barns, away from the drunken owner and her lack of give - a - damn. Never have I seen a supposed horse owner/trainer/barn owner who knew so little about basic horse husbandry.

Currently in the process of buying a "real" sidesaddle, a Mayhew Lissadell and selling my Elan. I finally found a saddle that fits my looong legs and the SRF's back.

Have finally gotten my dad's QH gelding Sonny, up here to start putting him through boot camp to make a lower level hunter/jumper/event horse out of him. He is so cute, a little red dun with primitive markings and a big ol' white face. Unfortunately, he is very immature and requires a much more "forward" ride than the SRF. I believe I will call him GQ, for Goofy Quarter Horse. I rode the GQ last night and the night before, he seems very willing to please and not too spooky, though he LOOKS at everything and has the attention span of a gnat. But, he is only 5, and in gelding years that's like, 2.

Finally got around to checking my TackyTack emails and have some more stuff to share!

Enjoy! (I guess?)


You know, I think my grandma had a sofa made from this same fabric, circa the 1970's.

7 comments:

  1. Hand over the Eye Bleach...Quick!!!

    gah!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your new saddle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I don't know which is worse. The plaid or the shade of green they used?

    Selling the old saddle to fund the new one- sounds all too familiar... Been there myself a few times.

    Use what you have until you can get what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. We had a 1973 GMC motor home with nearly identical plaid upholstery. It was super comfy, and an amazing shade of pea-soup green on the outside.

    Glad you moved to a better barn, and you've got PROJECTS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's f-ing ugly. I'm not going to lie.

    Why do people not only make crappy, cheap tack, but put ridiculous colors/ fabric/ whatever on it?? Does someone actually buy it to warrant its manufacture??

    WHY!!!????

    ReplyDelete
  6. It wasn't the plaid that offended me, although it was bad, it is the horrid cheap useless saddle itself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loled at your "enjoy (I guess?)".

    ReplyDelete